From the studios of heavyweight artists and underground street art maestros to rhythmic salsa slayers and contemporary dance collectives, Cartagena, easily positions itself as a majestic muse to Colombia’s creative movers and shakers.
Get your creative juices flowing with one of This is Cartagena’s in-the-know art insiders on hand and embark on a five-day feast for the senses that will leave you truly inspired.
WHAT WE LOVE
* Gaining unrivalled knowledge of the city and digging deep into its creative core
* Discovering cultural gems every step of the way: from houses with artistic pedigree to unrivalled pop-up shows and glamorous openings every ingredient of your trip will leave you on a cultural high
* Deciding between a creative culinary experience in your designer den or in an atmospheric restaurant setting
* Connecting to the city's most important artists, choreographers and collectors and getting to know the city’s diverse cultural scene
* Taking a little cultural loot home with you. It will probably be the best investment you ever make on holiday
AN IDEAL ITINERARY
* Four-nights accommodation in an inspirational ‘artistic’ residence
* A very special Cartagena art tour
* Plenty of artistic encounters
* Cocktail reception at Cartagena’s top hotel / gallery
* A day in the Rosario Islands
* Culinary experiences at three of Cartagena’s top restaurants
* A 3-hr cultural shopping tour
* An evening of salsa at Cafe Havana nightclub
* An artistic goodie bag
* VIP Airport Transfers
WHO WILL ENJOY IT?
Art fiends, both professional and amateur, looking for an authentic experience that will teach them about the cultural fabric of Cartagena, and Colombia as a whole
From USD$1,450 per person
If Botero is out of your league, don’t fret, we have activities, vacation stays and art collections that fit every wallet.
Send our concierge team an email with your phone number and a good time to call and they will get straight back to you to shape a creative weekend that’s custom made for you.
Meet the Masters
Kick start your arty weekender in style with pick up from the airport to a villa with serious artistic pedigree in the heart of Cartagena’s historic center. Freshen up before heading out for a cocktail reception at the Sofitel Santa Clara where you can admire work by Colombian heavyweights: Olga de Amaral, Mecedes Hoyos and, of course, Latin America’s most expensive living artist, Fernando Botero.
Culture Vulture Tour
Soak up the architectural treasures of the old town, discover the socio-economic thrust behind Getsemani’s fascinating street art and the role that artists played in the city’s transformation. Meet the artists steering the city’s more contemporary art scene and marvel at the masterpieces exhibited in Cartagena’s top galleries. You’ll have an art insider on hand to help choose something to take home with you.
A Day in Paradise
Spend a day painting, or simply relaxing in, the most picturesque of island scenes. Soak up the sun and sea with the ultimate chill-out session. Let Cartagena's brilliant Caribbean archipelago be your world class oyster with a day trip to an inspirational beach resort that will more than live up to your Caribbean fantasies of platinum sands and crystalline waters.
Along the way, we’ll sate hunger pangs with daily culinary voyages to innovative restaurants, mix things up with a sizzling salsa session and finish things off with a cultural shopping trip, where you can pick up some seriously special souvenirs and Colombian cultural tokens.
Leave with a complimentary goodie bag filled with special treats, including a colourful handmade mochilla by the Wayuu indians, souvenirs, organic chocolate and coffee and some luxurious beauty products by famous Colombian brand Loto del Sur.
All of our experiences are bespoke and can be tailored to your preferences and budget. To help you get creative, here’s some extra-curricular activities you might want to throw into the holiday mix.
A Revealing Photo Tour
See the city in a new light and learn how to take better holiday snaps under the guidance of the city’s top photographer
Discover the literary corners that inspired Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez to write his best work
Join the Movement
Meet the city’s contemporary choreographers and experience modern dance at its very best
Learn how to cook the city classic dishes with a local culinary magician that will send you home with some new kitchen skills
Work your way through some masterful mixology treats at one of the city’s top bars
The Art of Relaxation
Get rid of any artist block with an indulgent pampering session that will get you into the Caribbean groove