Cartagena Islands Odyssey
Combine Cartagena’s jaw-dropping colonial architecture and historical charms with an island hopping trip of a lifetime. Uncover cultural riches, culinary treasures and set sail on a nautical adventure through, not one, but two, idyllic Caribbean archipelagos.
WHAT WE LOVE
* The inspirational mix of luxury, adventure and authenticity on this seven-night odyssey
* A little luxury with a stay at the best boutique hotel in Cartagena
* Dining at the top restaurants in Cartagena day and night
* Getting off-the-beaten track far from the madding crowds in your own sail boat
* Dreamy days and star-studded nights in the Rosario and San Bernardo Islands
* Learning new tricks (fishing, cooking, dancing, mixology) from the locals
* Disconnecting from it all and getting stuck into a good book
* A tan and a photo collection to envy
* Having a team of local insiders on hand to tailor your trip
AN IDEAL ITINERARY
* Four nights in a stunning boutique hotel or your own opulent colonial mansion
* Tasting menus at three of our favourite restaurants in Cartagena
* A night cutting a rug at Cartagena’s top salsa joint
* Three nights sailing through two Caribbean archipelagos with all meals included
* Contrasts: Isolated beaches to the world’s most densely populate island
* Stunning sunsets and on-deck dining
* Fresh lobster plucked straight out of the sea and onto your plate
* A Caribbean rum-tasting experience that’s a treat for your tastebuds
* Get to know the Real Cartagena and support a life-changing social project
* A very special Historic Walking Tour
* Enjoy Colombia’s best coffee ritual
* Transportation to and from the airport
WHO WILL ENJOY IT?
Families, friends or couples with an adventurous spirit that want to enjoy the considerable charms of Colombia’s Caribbean gem.
We recommend 7 nights to get the perfect mix of city and islands but we can tailor your trip to your needs.
From USD$2,250 per person (based on two people sharing a room)
If you and your crew don’t have a week to play with or aren’t too worried about stepping out of an air-conditioned comfort zone we’ve got houses, boats and activities to fit every budget.
Send our concierge team an email with your phone number and a good time to call and they will get straight back to you to shape a magnificent experience that’s custom made for you.
A Luxury Bolthole
Stay at a game-changing boutique bolt-hole, the city’s top hotel, or a luxurious holiday home in the heart of Cartagena’s old town. Whatever your style, find you the perfect place. All of our holiday homes from home come with superior service, devilish attention to the details and a designer flourish to ensure your stay is beyond superb.
Learn about the city’s rich history, culture and traditions with a selection of the city’s most authentic tours and experiences. Scratch beneath the surface and connect with the locals on a cultured itinerary that includes a historic walking tour and a full-day exploring a side to the city that not everybody sees.
We’ll ensure you taste the very best culinary treats Cartagena has to offer. Sensational ceviche, world class tasting menus and an intoxicating, five-star rum-tasting will more than get you in the mood for a night cutting a rug at the city’s top salsa venue.
Sail of the Century
All aboard the Augustine, the shining star of Cartagena’s sailing fleet. Learn how to sail in style on a beautiful old schooner that’s beautifully built for comfort and adventure. En route you will sail by Cartagena historic fortifications, through the Rosario Islands. Grab some sun on the vintage deck with a glass of wine or cold beer in hand and let the wind and the waves whisk you off to paradise.
Explore not one but two Caribbean archipelagos. On this three-day adventure, time stands still. A bilingual, international crew will be on hand at all times to help you enjoy your time. Snorkel, dive, fish, paddle board, or simply soak up the sun and the laidback vibes. Highlights include pristine, secluded beaches, midnight dips in magical lagoons, stunning sundowners, fishing with the locals and an unforgettable visit to the world’s most densely populated island.
All of our experiences are bespoke and can be tailored to your preferences and budget. To help you get creative here’s some extra-curricular activities you might want to throw into the holiday mix.
Keep Going to San Blas
Stay longer in the islands or keep sailing for a week in Panama’s blissful San Blas islands. More than idyllic 300 islets await.
A Golf Day
Enjoy a day on a world class, Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course. The 19th hole is a spectacular Caribbean beach club that’s well above par.
Learn to Salsa
Get straight into the swing of things with some salsa classes. Get to work on those wooden hips and become an instant hit with the locals.
It’s Spa Time
Indulge yourself with some pampering that will get you into a Caribbean groove
A Revealing Photo Tour
See the city in a new light and learn how to take better holiday snaps under the expert guidance of one of Cartagena’s most accomplished photographers