Every day's a Red Letter Day at Red Knife, a designer pardise for fine diners craving superior cuts of meat and a tantalizing selection of seafood starters.
Executive chef, Andres Cano, earned his stripes in Medellin before perfecting his grill skills in gourmet schools in Argentina and one of Colombia's handful of Certified Angus Beef Ambassadors.
The restaurant is found on ground level at Karisma Hotels' Allure Chocolat Hotel, close to the Convention Centre.
If you're a business traveler that signs off on your own expense accounts treat yourself to Cartagena's most costly platter - Red Knife's Kobe beef steak - and wash the tender cut of wagyu down with a couple of bottles of Don Melchor or Opus One. If that doesn't close the deal then we don't know what will.
Diners that might struggle to explain away a couple of USD$80 steaks on currency conversion confusion, can take full advantage of a winning lunch menu that won't leave a dent in your wallet.
Choose from a selection of Red Knife's best ceviches, tiraditos and tatakis with top grilled cuts and to-die-for dessert and an open bar - all for as little as USD$15 per person.
In the evening, the lights get turned down on Isabel Parra's stylish interiors, made for mingling with Cartagena's moneyed locals.
Slip into one of the hottest seats in town on Parra's bespoke, eight-seat, white Chesterfield sofa backing snugly onto the teak, wood-paneled walls or take centre stage at the 22-seat table, perfect for an evening lording it with friends or getting to know new acquaintances.
Let conversation flow with a well-worked cocktail menu that includes a smooth Mezcal mix with cucumber, lemon and a touch of rose-based syrup or a cool blue Margarita.
Finish on a high with a luxurious nightcap by Allure Chocolat's splendid rooftop pool with panoramic views of the old town.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* The succulent rib eye steak will set you up for a monumental evening
* Starters that look too good to be eaten
* The prawn ceviche's lulo-flavoured tiger milk is amazing
* A Tuna Tataki that redefines tender
* Watching the sun set while waiting for a table with a Love Cucumber cocktail by Allure Chocolat Hotel's rooftop pool
* Extended opening hours for visitors that want to eat whenever they feel like it
* Red Knife has a great selection of wines to accompany your tender cuts
* Being close to Cartagena's hippest nightlife hangouts for the after party
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* It's not cheap but there are three very affordable lunch menus available with open bar on offer every day between 12:00-14:30
* The restaurant has live music every Friday and Saturday night