This beautiful colonial mansion will transport you back in time to Cartagena's rich colonial past. Once you enter this expansive property you'll feel like you've found the city's best kept secret.
There's plenty of places to explore and submerge yourself into another world. We're talking grand dining areas, church pew benches, winding staircases, leather bound books, Chesterfield sofas and candelabras dripping with wax.
Few houses that can boast a better location, in the heart of the action sandwiched between, the second homes of Colombia's richest families.
The suites are more than eloquent, with an almost boudoir feel buttressed by four poster beds and wonderfully tiled suite bathrooms that finish off the stately home look Casa Estrella pulls off flawlessly.
“The bigger the room, the better the view” seems to be the rule of thumb here. With the top floor family room packing the biggest punch, with stunning views and a small seating area to kick back after a hard day taking in Cartagena's colonial charms.
Bag one of the upper floor rooms and you'll also be closer to the pool, a majestic little rooftop number that overlooks Cartagena's ever-so-pretty, colourful church peaks.
If you've already filled your boots at the nearby culinary hotspots and want to make the most of your mansion we'll help you cook up a storm in the well-equipped kitchen and dine in style in the grand dining room at ground level.
Complete with a gigantic dinner table, and inky black throne-like chairs that look as though they've been carved out of charcoal, this is a room that just screams banquet.
Just when you think of Casa Estrella as a stunning aristocratic stately home - there's even a smoking room with its own bar to take an aperitif - you bump headfirst into a tropical Caribbean slant such as a woven wall hanging or a skyscraper of a palm tree, that act as a wonderful Caribbean softener to Casa Estrella's dark and mysterious exterior.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* The Anglo-Caribbean decor is a surprisingly delightful merger. Who knew Chesterfield sofas and towering palm trees go so well together?
* There's nothing like a rooftop pool to get you in the holiday mood. Grab a beer, soak up the sunset and wile away an afternoon without a care in the world.
* Breakfast is included in the price of the rental, so that's one less meal to worry about.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* This is a 5-bedroom property that sleeps up to 14 people. There are 7 King, 2 Queen and 2 singles.
* All rooms have a desk for visitors looking to get a little work done during their stay.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals.
* All of our houses have 24/7 security.
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safe Deposit Box